Steak Fajitas with Fresh Lime
~Bon Appetit June 2008~
Makes 4 servings
2 12-ounce skirt steaks, each halved
3 tablespoons fresh lime juice, divided
- 1 large onion, halved lengthwise, thinly sliced
- 4 large garlic cloves, pressed
- 1 1/2 tablespoons hot chili sauce (such as sriracha)*
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lime peel
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 12 cherry tomatoes
- 1/3 cup thinly sliced fresh basil
- *Available in the Asian foods section of many supermarkets and at Asian markets.
Warm flour or corn tortillas. Arrange steaks in 13x9x2-inch glass baking dish; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Combine 2 tablespoons lime juice and next 5 ingredients in medium bowl. Pour onion mixture over steaks; turn to coat evenly. Let marinate 10 minutes. Heat oil in large nonstick skillet over high heat. Add steaks with onion mixture. Cook steaks 1 minute per side. Add tomatoes and basil. Continue cooking steaks to desired doneness, turning occasionally, about 3 minutes longer for medium-rare. Sprinkle mixture with 1 tablespoon lime juice. Cook 1 minute longer to blend flavors. Transfer steaks to work surface. Cut across grain on slight diagonal into 1/2-inch-thick strips. Transfer fajitas to bowl and serve with tortillas.
Serve with guacamole.
Sense of Home / Recipes / Main Dishes